Abstract Registration Period
September 2, 2020 (Wed.) to
October 16, 2020 (Fri.) 12:00
Requirements for Qualification
Top-ranked presenters are limited to members of the Japanese Epidemiological Association.
A membership number is required to apply for presentations.
If you are not a member, please apply for membership as soon as possible.
Please contact the secretariat of the Academic Association below regarding membership application.
Secretariat of the Japan Epidemiological Association (JEA)
Hongo MT Building 4Fl, 7-2-2 Hongo Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
How to Register
- Please make sure to complete the participation registration before registering for your theme.
- All registrations are online registrations using the theme registration system. Please access the theme registration system with the button at the bottom of this page and register online.
- Please be aware that it is expected that the lines will be very busy just before the registration deadline. Please register as soon as you can.
- You will need to enter your password when registering. Please decide a password with 6 to 8 single-byte alphanumeric characters.
- A registration number will be issued automatically when registration is completed. The issuing of the registration number is notification that the application has been received (the registration completion notification will be sent to the e-mail address you registered).
- The registered abstract can be confirmed and corrected from the theme registration system (the button at the bottom of this page) only during the theme registration reception period.
- We recommend that you ensure to write down your registration number and password, or print them out and save the confirmation screen. You will also need these when making inquiries on whether your theme was accepted or rejected.
- Keeping records and the confidentiality of the registration number and password is the responsibility of the person registering. Please note that we cannot answer inquiries regarding passwords due to security concerns.
Rules for Themes and Precautions
- Presentation Format
1. Designated Theme (Narration, real-time presentation only on the Web)
2. General Theme (Narration, real-time presentation on the Web)
3. General Theme (Narration, PowerPoint file presentation with audio posted on the Web)
All general theme presentations will be presented as narrations, and (2) will be presented in real-time on the Web, or (3) will be posted on the Web as a PowerPoint file with audio added.
Only the designated themes requested by the administration office can be registered.
- The registrants selected for presentation format (2) will hold an online real-time discussion session using the online conference service ZOOM by designating the date and time during the meeting period (you will be contacted with details on the method on this site at a later date).
- Registrants who have selected presentation format (3) will be asked to submit slides created in PowerPoint format to the administration office after acceptance (the deadline for submitting slides is around the end of November, you will be contacted with details on the method posted on this site at a later date.).
- It is necessary to select the presentation language (Japanese or English) for the presentation when registering the theme. Please keep the language of the abstract text and slides and the language of presentation uniform when registering the theme.
- Please give due consideration to privacy for case reports.
- Ethical concerns when preparing and presenting abstracts should be carefully considered for each presenter and affiliated medical institutions.
- The Participation Registration Number is required to register the theme.
- Please structure the abstract text of the general theme as below.
Also refer to "Regarding Conflicts of Interest".
- For designated themes, it is not necessary to structure it to the abstract format (there is only a limit on the number of characters and the abstract format does not matter).
- Please refer to "Conflicts of Interest" for clarification.
- Charts and tables cannot be inserted in the abstract text.
- If you want to enter special characters, symbols, superscripts, subscripts, italics, bold characters, and underlines, follow the instructions on the theme registration screen and enter the HTML tags.
- Take note that if you do not enter
tag at the end of a line where you want a new line, the abstract will not produce a new line.
- A maximum of 20 presenters and 20 affiliated institutions can be registered.
- It is convenient to create the abstract text with a word processing software in advance then copy and paste it on to the abstract registration screen. We also recommend that you save the abstract text on your computer.
- The limit for the number of characters is as follows.
||Double-byte 50 characters
||Single-byte 100 letters
|Abstract Text *1
||Double-byte 1000 characters
||Single-bye 2000 letters
*1 Includes all presenter names, affiliation names, and abstract text
- When registering your theme, please select the category you desire from the following.
- Epidemiological methodology
- Social epidemiology
- Infectious diseases
- Cardiovascular and renal diseases
- Mental health
- Nutritional epidemiology
- Physical activities
- Environmental epidemiology
- Occupational health
- Maternal and child health
- Gerontology and Geriatrics
- Genetic/Molecular epidemiology
- Disaster epidemiology
- Non-communicable diseases (obesity, diabetes, metabolic syndrome)
- Global health
- Oral health
- The recommended font when writing is the MS Mincho font.
- The secretariat will not proofread or correct abstracts that have been registered, including typing errors, omissions, and conversion errors. The abstract will be printed as is, so please take the responsibility to check it yourself.
- Absolutely no changes can be made to the manuscript and no changes or additions of co-authors are possible after the registration deadline. Please ensure that no important co-authors are missing.
- Please note that the notations for affiliation may be edited by the secretariat of the association.
Limit for the Number of Theme Submissions
Only one theme per person may be submitted for the top author (presenter) for the general presentation. There are no limits for co-authors.
Whether there is a Conflict of Interest
- On the behalf of all co-presenters, all top presenters must declare the presence or absence of their COI status in the past 3 years from the time of registration, with "a company or for-profit organization related to epidemiological research" regarding their financial relationships when registering their theme.
- Make sure to read the "Guidelines and Bylaws for COI of Epidemiological Research" and later on the day of the presentations, it is necessary to make disclosures in accordance with the following guidelines.
- If there are any companies with COI relations that should be disclosed in relation to the presentation theme, please declare the necessary items on the registration screen.
- If you entered "Yes" for the presence of conflicts of interest, in accordance with the guidelines for the Japanese Epidemiological Association (Form 1), make the disclosure on a slide at the time of the academic meeting presentations.
- Even if you have entered "No" for conflicts of interest, be sure to state "No conflicts of interest" at the time of the academic meeting.
- If you have any questions regarding conflicts of interest, please contact the Secretariat of the Epidemiological Association of Japan.
The top author (presenter) must register for participation in advance.
Please make sure to complete the participation registration on the webpage.
Enter the inquiry number (e **) stated in the "(31st Annual Meeting of the Epidemiological Association of Japan) Registration Confirmation Email" sent at the time of registration for the registration number on the theme registration screen.
Notification of Theme Acceptance or Rejection, etc.
We will notify you by the end of October 2020 with the email address you have registered. Please note that we may ask you to change the presentation format or partially revise the content with the notification of acceptance. Additionally, please understand that we cannot answer the reason for acceptance or rejection of themes.
Details of Programs, etc.
We will contact you with the email address you have registered or inform you on the event website from late October to mid-November 2020. Please leave the program up to the program committee members.
Nippon Travel Agency Kyushu Corporate Branch Global MICE Sales Department
Nihon Seimei Hakata Ekimae Building 5th Fl.
3-2-1 Hakata Ekimae, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City
Contact Person: Koda / Koga